Sunday, September 14, 2014

In pasty wrapping...

I feel my breath. I feel the cool tingling sensation on my teeth as I inhale, and the slight raise in temperature my breath achieves as I exhale.
I feel the pounding of my heart beat against my chest day in and day out. For some reason that pounding is a sign that I am still living.
I feel butterflies in my stomach when he enters the room or gives me "that look". You'd think that those butterflies would have fluttered out of my system by now but they're trapped in between my rib cages and there is no escape. 
I feel pain. I feel it when he leaves or when he hurts. It's as if our hearts are one and with every pull and rip that he comes across... the damage is done to me as well.
I feel strange... I feel strange knowing that I am living... 
Why am I living..
How am I living..
All I am is 206 bones connected by strings... random organs compiled in my mid section... and lots of blood. I'm held together by this weird pasty wrapping of skin. Oh. And I have some mushy object in my head that.. for some reason... does so much. 
How can a package of blood, bones and organs feel so much? How come this combination of items makes me human? It is the strangest thing. 

But it makes me human. 

I know I'm human because I feel. 
I know I'm human because I have all the right ingredients.
I know. It's strange... but I guess I'm human. 

1 comment:

  1. "All I am is 206 bones connected by strings... random organs compiled in my mid section... and lots of blood. I'm held together by this weird pasty wrapping of skin.'
    I feel ya. Your writing is good.

    ReplyDelete