Sunday, November 2, 2014

Don't Blame Death for your Fear of Living.

We are all gonna die.

Death is inevitable.

It creeps upon us all like the tide creeps on to the sand. Slowly, but surely in comes, and the time and place it will arrive is always unpredictable. 

Death is unannounced and usually uninvited.

Death is the only attribute that we all share as a human race.

No one can stop it from coming and its something that most of us fear.

We fear the unknown.
And death is apart of the unknown.

But I for one appreciate death.
Death is a motivation to live life. 
Without death, what would be the point of living?
What is a beginning without its end?

Everything worth caring about in life comes to an end and that is why it has value.

We value the things we will soon lose.

I value life because it doesn’t last forever.
I value each breath because at some point, I will take my last.


But maybe what we fear isn’t really death.
Maybe we really fear life.

We fear not doing all we hoped for in life and we fear the idea that when death looks us in the face we wont be ready.


Don't blame death for your fear of living. 


“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any moment.” – Mark Twain

3 comments:

  1. Maybe we really fear life.
    We fear not doing all we hoped for in life and we fear the idea that when death looks us in the face we wont be ready.

    This is so... Ohh I don't know. Real? is that the word I'm looking for?
    Also, beautiful.
    I love it.
    All of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the set up and how everything flowed and changed but made sense and connected. I like that I want to live more from reading this. Thanks for the hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "we wont be ready."

    woah. this got me good.

    ReplyDelete