Sunday, November 23, 2014

I'll Bet You Ten Dollars

My heart beats. 

It beats in such a beautiful melody that I love so much.

Sometimes I feel as though when it beats, all my poor heart is trying to do is tell me something. 

Its trying to tell me that I'm worth it and 
that I'm one of few people on this earth that are lucky enough to have a companion inside of them that actually does beat. 


It’s trying to tell me to stop listening to my controlling and stubborn mind


...Ill bet you ten dollars that if my heart wasn't bound forever inside my chest by the cage of my bony ribs.. 
it would walk right up to my brain and beat the crap out of it. 



...I try not to favor my mind over my heart but my mind is so much louder and it has such strong opinions that it’s hard to heed to the soft voice of my tender heart.



But regardless of which organ I listen to more,
 My heart still beats. 
 My heart still loves. 
 My heart still speaks.


And Im thankful for that



2 comments:

  1. Hearts beating regardless.... What a lovely thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...Ill bet you ten dollars that if my heart wasn't bound forever inside my chest by the cage of my bony ribs..
    it would walk right up to my brain and beat the crap out of it."

    hahahaha wow i loved this. like it made me laugh, but it also really got to me. (can that happen)

    ReplyDelete